Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Coleman Milne, Westhoughton
Job Type: Permanent
We are seeking a Quality Engineer for a permanent position. Responsible for supporting our range of automotive vehicles, working as part of a team dedicated to improving customer (internal and external) satisfaction through continual product and process improvement.
- Review & deal with customer concerns, aiming to make reductions through corrective/preventive action;
- Reviewing operating processes and developing improvements;
- Coordinate the implementation of preventative/corrective actions where necessary;
- Participate in continuous improvement projects as needed, analysing data to substantiate changes;
- Raise and investigate non-conformance, quality issues across the business and suppliers;
- Vehicle inspections at Final Finish and key build stages; and
- Liaising with the leadership team to resolve root-cause issues.
- Experience preparing Quality documents s such as: Quality Plans, Control Plans, Corrective & Preventative Action (CAPA), PFMEA`s,
- Capability studies (SQC), Fault finding tools (5 why, 8D`s, etc).
- Knowledge/experience of different manufacturing processes (vehicle building).
- Experience collaborating with teams.
- Capable of Interpreting Technical Drawings.
- Experience in managing & delivering improvement projects.
- Excellent facilitation, coordination, prioritization, presentation and communication skills.
- Higher qualification (HND, Degree or equivalent) in a technical discipline such as quality, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering
- Proven Quality experience.
- Lead auditor or auditor qualification/experience preferable.
- Full driver’s license.