Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Coleman Milne, Westhoughton
Job Type: Permanent. Working hours Monday to Thursday 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, 38 hours per week.
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
- Involved with the design and building of assembly cells and workbench layouts.
- Improving the flow of supply chain components and products utilising best-practice operations (kan-ban, pull-push, storage & delivery methods).
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows identifying weaknesses with existing methods and implementing change and improvements establishing an effective and efficient work sequence.
- Create processes and procedures to assist the business in meeting budgetary goals as well as performance objectives combined with driving efficiency improvements.
- Provide build documentation and training for production staff (SOP, CWI’s).
- Involved with the creation of line balancing, quality control plans.
- Liaise with R&D reporting issues from production builds and assist in the design and development of new products, product mock-ups alongside the R&D team.
- Using your experience to act as a “voice of manufacturing” to Design Engineers, ensure DFM considerations are taken during NPI development.
- A clear understanding of design for manufacture at both a component and final assembly level.
- Updating of processes and documentation triggered by VCRs or production issues.
- Assist in design / manufacture / purchase of assembly tooling / jigs / fixtures etc.
- Broad knowledge of manual manufacturing and assembly processes.
- An exponent and champion of continuous improvement and the tools employed in such practices and possess a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Organise plant improvement and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time.
- Analise shop floor efficiency, quality and generate quantifiable improvements using FMEA.
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to conduct other duties as required by the needs of the business.
Skills and Experience
- Highly technical and thorough.
- Professional and proficient.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Working in diverse environments.
- Strong planning and prioritising ability.
- Communicating and presenting data effectively.
- Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information.
- Proficient IT and application skills.
- Efficient & effective problem resolution skills.
- Applying and ensuring health and safety practices are adhered to during implementation & change.
- Managing projects through to fruition.
- Collaborating in team activities.
- Possess a Lean Qualification – desirable not essential.