To work in a dedicated team of Engineers providing design, manufacturing and process support within the department, production and purchasing teams. To suggest, action and implement improvements on current model designs and prototyping (NPD) incorporating design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA), and testing completed both internally and externally ready for production. Good problem-solving skills and implementing robust permanent solutions with an ability to project manage within defined timescales.
- Job Title: Design Engineer
- Location: Coleman Milne, Westhoughton.
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 7.30am-5.30pm
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
- Experience working within a low volume specialist manufacturer.
- Sound working knowledge of 2 & 3D CAD (CATIA V5)
- Mechanical component, assembly + Jig & Fixture design experience.
- A clear understanding of design for manufacture at both a component and final assembly level.
- A broad knowledge of manual manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Champion of continuous improvement, and the tools employed in such practices.
- Technical troubleshooting & analysis.
- Bills of Labour & Material creation.
- Liaising with outside suppliers on technical aspects & internal stakeholders.
- Manual / Procedural documentation creation.
- Planning & Organisational.
Skills and Experience
- CATIA V5 experience essential.
- Solid & surface modeling preferred.
- BIW and Trim experience.
- Experience in the Automotive industry is desirable.
- Experience/or working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles is desirable.
- Vehicle systems knowledge is desirable.
- Type Approval knowledge is desirable.
- Surfacing experience is desirable.
- Degree / HND & +3 years minimum industry experience.
- Relative apprenticeship & minimum HNC with demonstrable +5 years history of progression.
- Good team player.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- ‘Hands on’ practical qualities and approach to problem-solving.